For essential file documents that govern how your company is run, do you know:
- Where your important file documents are being stored?
- Whether there are multiple copies of the same file spread across numerous places?
- Whether out of date versions of the files exist?
- How you will select which version is relevant when requested on an ad-hoc basis?
For general business data (including files), do you know:
- Where your company data is stored?
- Which external apps your company has endorsed employees to use?
- Which extra external apps your employees have signed up to use?
Up until recently, the answer to many of these questions would have been challenging, but you may have felt positive about some of them … but things have changed … everyone is trying to move their data to the cloud.
Many companies found it hard to list their data assets when they were all kept in a few company buildings. How can they possibly track their data assets now they are scattered across 10’s or 100’s of locations in the cloud ?
If you’re wondering:
- How you will document all the locations that company data is stored
- How much cheaper it would be if you could safely remove half of the file documents you store
- How much easier and cheaper data compliance would be if you knew where documents containing personal data were being stored
Then ask us to help your Data Discover itSELF™
Many people have heard about ROT – Redundant, Obsolete or Trivial data, but have no effective way to deal with it. Data that is weighing down the agility of your business, and costing you unnecessary expense. We help you quantify that, provide targeted areas for maximum benefit, along with evidence that enables you to execute a defensible remediation strategy.
It is becoming increasingly essential to understand the files you have that represent risk or value to the company. We are able to work with you to help your Data Discover itSELF™ … highlighting:
- Sensitive – according to your unique business practices and keywords used
- Exposed – data stranded or not properly protected
- Legacy – data that may be old, but that is still relevant to your business, clients and the regulators
We specialise in helping our clients to improve their efficiency and their understanding of their data, by using information and knowledge that they already possess in their businesses and in the data they store, rather than trying to sell them more tools to install across their estate.
We believe metadata analysis is a powerful way to achieve scalable data management … and we’re ready to talk to you about how it could benefit you.